Check out my Etsy shop!

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Glitter balls!

I was watching Studio 5 last week and I found a fun craft that I knew would be easy and fun.  I had a bunch of clear ornament balls that I bought at the end of the season last year.  Then I saw this floor finish as an adhesive and my mind just couldn't stop at all of the possibilities.  I have never thought as floor finish as an adhesive but it works great!

Start out with a clean glass ornament ball.

Pour some of the floor finish into it, and swirl it around it doesn't matter how much you pour in because once you have all of the insides of the ornament coated you will just pour out the rest back into a plastic cup.

Swirl it around so you don't get bubbles, we used a cotton ball to keep it from sloshing out the top.

Once you have it all coated, pour out the remaining finish.

Then pour in whatever color glitter you want your ball to be.

Shake the glitter around to coat all of the insides of the ornament.

and then pour out the left over glitter.

This was the fun part! To see how pretty they were turning out.

See how pretty they are!

Love these bright colors.

Can't you see some Halloween project with these.


Look at all of the colors! You have glitter without all of the glitter getting all over because the glitter is inside the ball!

I also tried using the finish on some mason jars.  You can make the jars look old by adding food coloring to  the floor finish and painting the out sides of the jar.  I tried this last summer with Elmer's glue and food coloring but using this clear finish makes the jars just sparkle.  Sorry I didn't add any pictures of the jars but it has the same finish that this glass bowl has that the ornaments are in.

I am thinking that there are a lot more possibilities with this clear finish used as an adhesive!
Love it!

13 comments:

Be Colorful Coastal said...

Ooh very pretty. I like the idea that the glitter in inside the ornament too. Thanks for linking up to Motivated Monday. I was too busy this week for a project but if I get something finished I will be back to join your blog hop.
Pam

Elaine said...

I love the lime green and purple ones! This is the prettiest use of those clear balls I've seen so far. Thanks for sharing!

Elaine
Creating Wonderful Spaces

WonderWhyGal said...

Great idea! I LOVE all of the glitter without all of the mess.

Rachel said...

I love those! I love all the colors.

Lisa said...

Thanks so much for hosting this Linky Party and your glitter ornaments are soooo pretty!! You should check out the Glass Ornament Tutorial that I linked up earlier!! It's very similar to your ornaments, but uses alcohol inks & mixatives instead of glue & glitter!!

Thanks again for hosting!!
~Lisa
Lisa's Craft Blog

Ann said...

OH WOW, I love these-they are really prettier with the glitter on the inside. I will definately try these. Merry crafting!
Ann

Jessica J. said...

I loved the idea of the glitter balls, but who is the fat chica with the man hands that you had in all the pictures. Please use a different model for future demonstrations. Seriously.

Katie said...

I love the ornaments! They are beautiful! I want to make some ASAP!

TheUnSoccerMom said...

LOVE these!!

I had such a hard time finding these kinds of ornaments last year... hope I can find some this year! :o)

Jami said...

How cool is this?!? Thanks for sharing it at the Tuesday To Do party! You're a List Maker this week! Feel free to stop by later and snag a button!
Smiles!
Jami
www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

Marigene said...

WOW! I love those colorful orbs...I know what I will be doing this coming weekend!

Katie said...

Just wanted to let you know that you are the Reader's Choice today and I featured your ornaments on Sew Woodsy today!

The Single Nester said...

Oh my word! I am in love! How blingy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails